Tuesday 10 July 2012

Our Wedding Bands: Soo Kee Jewellery

After a year of searching, window-shopping, endless appointments with Singapore-based jewellers, I have finally decided on our bands.

We got them already! It's a pair of duotone (white + rose gold) bands from Soo Kee! Fell in love with this design, which is both elegant and practical. I like the simple twist and the smooth "marriage" of white and rose gold. It doesn't look plain and, at the same time, it doesn't scream of clunky look.

His is a 5mm ring in comfort fit while mine is about 4mm, adorned with three Brilliant Rose diamonds, also in comfort fit design. A Brilliant Rose diamond is one with 66 facets instead of the usual 58.

I am actually torn between this design and another one with one Brilliant Rose diamond in the centre, accentuated by small ones cutting across the centre of the ring. I opted for this three-diamond band because it's more practical to wear on a daily basis. The other one might limit me from wearing it everyday, not only because of the small diamonds but also because it's too dressy.

I went to Soo Kee's branch in VivoCity. Lily, the sales associate, did a good job at serving me. She was extremely nice and patient in the midst of my indecisiveness and countless questions. I had to make a trip to the store more than once just to decide on the pair that we are getting. Lily even said I can simply give her a call in case I change my mind on the design. Ah! Enough of the indecisiveness already.

I have to go back to Soo Kee Jewellery this Friday and bring the rings for engraving. I am also collecting the wedding ring pillow that comes free when you purchase a pair of wedding bands. They gave me a CD of love songs, too! How thoughtful!


Our wedding bands from Soo Kee Jewellery
Rose + white gold bands
Can't wait to wear mine!

***
Soo Kee Jewellery
VivoCity #02-162
1 Harbourfront Walk
Singapore 098586

No comments:

Post a Comment