Saturday 12 May 2012

The Venue: The Pergola

My fiance found The Pergola one day as he was passing by the area. He suggested it to me and I quickly looked it up on the Internet. And I liked it!

I like a venue with a garden feel but I don't like it outdoors. Sounds ironic? Yes. But you see, I prefer a refreshing sight like lush greenery, which would be lovely at night with bright lights. But I must admit there are three things that, kind of, discourage me to have a garden wedding reception:

(1) It's warm and humid in Manila, so it would be very inconvenient for everyone. I don't want to ruin my makeup, too! And see people fanning themselves as they eat!

(2) It might rain! And even if it's a covered venue, the sound of the rain could just drown the program. I would like to be able make a "thank you" speech and not look like I am just mouthing my words.

(3) Mosquitoes!

So, yes! In short, in this major affair, I chose the church and my fiance chose the venue. Fair enough!

It's easily accessible from the church, so it's not much of a hassle. Although, I hope that traffic won't be that nasty since our wedding's on a Friday night.

The Pergola is an almost-new venue for special events within the CCP Complex in Roxas Boulevard in Metro Manila.


The Pergola, Venue for Special Events
Photo from its official website
And because I am an overseas bride, I simply have to contend with the pictures I see online, plus the photos my fiance captured from his phone, in order to make a decision. I am satisfied. Besides, one major factor that we considered is the fact that its packages are reasonable and its accredited caterers are the recognised ones in the wedding industry.

The place is nestled in a garden, along the rows of restaurants in the "gimmick" area of the CCP Complex. I got a bit worried and clarified about parking space and traffic with our account executive, Rashelle. She assured us that there are, of course, reserved parking spaces for our guests and that I don't have to worry about a thing.

It accommodates around 150 people but I believe it would be too crowded. It's a good thing that we have decided to limit our guests to a hundred only so that the buffet spread will be inside the airconditioned area, and not by the side of the entrance. This way, our guests won't have to go out after every course.

We signed the contract and booked the venue immediately. I only had the chance to visit The Pergola during our food-tasting in April, when I went back home for my gown-fitting.

Church and venue, booked! More to go! I am freaking out! But I'm happy that I'm going to have a garden wedding reception. All thanks to my Babe.

***
The Pergola
BOOM Compound across the World Trade Center
CCP Complex
Gil Puyat Avenue, Metro Manila
Phone: (632) 5770680
Official website
The Pergola on Facebook
Contact Person: Rashelle



No comments:

Post a Comment