Wednesday 2 May 2012

Wedding Stressing & Wedding Blogging

It's true what they say: planning a wedding is stressful. Planning your wedding is nerve-wracking!

I've always had a vision of my wedding. Intimate and filled with "blushing" hues. And by blushing I meant burgundy, maroon, red, blush. Close friends and siblings as members of the entourage. Aunts and uncles as principal sponsors. Teary-eyed parents. Roses. An elegant wedding gown paired with maroon strappy sandals with a bit of sparkles in three-inch heels. Red wine. Maroon purse. Oh, and chocolate cake! And yes, I'm also wishing I won't trip, slip, run my mascara or spill anything on my gown. It's a wedding, there are hundreds of things that could happen!

Oops! And the man I love waiting for me at the altar. I've played this several times in my head over the years. Mostly, it's just a groom with a blank face. Until I met the right one. The one.

Barely five months to go before my big day, I am stressing! As what my best friend said, "it's double the stress" because I'm based in Singapore, overseeing and coordinating with suppliers and my fiance in Manila. Remote coordination entails a lot of research, countless emails, endless patience and overseas phone calls. I don't even want to start on my phone bill!

I have organised countless events in my entire life - from Manila, Singapore to Spain and I've done remote coordination as well. I've managed and handled press conferences, product launches, briefings and interviews, photoshoots, corporate events and parties as well as local and international exhibits and I pulled 'em off. Several times.

So I told myself, how hard can it be? I multi-task and deal with different types of people in my job as a marketing communications professional so I'm used to challenges. I've done almost the impossible and beat deadlines in just the nick of time. I've had sleepless nights and and am used to working extremely long hours to make sure that everything is accomplished.

But this one event takes the cake!

I'm just glad that my fiance has been extremely patient with me whenever I request him to do things for the wedding. It's just that, sometimes, I get overwhelmed by a list of things-to-do that seems to get longer and longer with each passing day. And to tell you honestly, ideally, we should have completed our "dream team" already. But guess what? I don't think we're even halfway through! But we're getting there. I can feel it.

And so I started this blog to chronicle the things leading to the event of my life. It's not going to be the grandest wedding ever, but it will mark an important milestone in our lives. It won't be fashionably high-class but an intimate one with family, very close friends and people we can't live without. It's going to be a night where I will bid adieu to carefree single life and become a missus!

I figured blogging about my wedding will help me de-stress and face the things that can (and will surely) stress me out in the next few months. Writing soothes and calms the soul. I find joy in writing especially when I re-read my entries and recall memories.

Also, this is going to be a surprise. I am gifting this blog to my husband-to-be, an online love letter that I'm sure he's going to love! :)

I love you, Babe!
Summer break in Baguio City, Philippines (April 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment