Thursday 28 June 2012

Three Months to Go...

It's been a while since I last updated this blog. I have been busy with both work and organising the wedding that I even had to make a trip to Manila for our marriage preparation seminar. It was a fun weekend. But that's another story.

Today, I am taking a few minutes off from work to write about what I'm feeling right now.
Wow! Three more months and my life is going to change. Forever. 

Last night, we didn't say "Good night". We ended FaceTime without the usual sweet words because we had yet another misunderstanding. Yes, concerning the wedding. But I won't talk about the issue and who is at fault. The important thing is, we both know that, at the end of the day, we will and always settle issues together.

Last night, I dreamt about the wedding. At least, a few snippets of it. My sister was holding the trail of my gown as we walked toward the church. It was late in the afternoon.
I didn't recognise the church. It wasn't Santuario de San Antonio (SSA). The clouds were gorgeous hues of yellow, orange and bright red. It's sundown. 

While we were outside the church, there was another ceremony going on. So I told my sister we should wait in the car. When I turned to see the bridal car, it was a silver BMW, and not white. I was about to complain but, in my head, I tried to calm myself down because I didn't want to stress myself all the more.

Months away from turning into a Bridezilla
Picture courtesy of Puffpieces
And then there were fireworks. The next thing I knew, a bright and colourful display was lighting up the sky. It was magnificent.

I was standing alone, about to walk down the aisle. There were many people inside the church but I couldn't see their faces. It was probably the "floating" feeling that they say brides experience on their wedding day. Euphoric. Ecstatic. High. Like a trip to oblivion.

And then I heard my iPhone's alarm and woke up. I didn't see my groom. I only advanced a few steps and didn't reach the altar.

Tonight, I will share my dream to him. I may not know the reason why I only saw snippets of my wedding but one thing's for sure: I am walking down the aisle and meeting him at the altar... exactly three months from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment