Wednesday 25 July 2012

Damask-Inspired Cake

I am still in the midst of looking for a cake supplier. I was hoping I'd have a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting, covered in fondant with damask print. But it's not going to happen.

A supplier told me her red velvet is soft and moist, hence it couldn't hold that much weight. I told her I am fine with chocolate, my ultimate favourite. I am still waiting for her quote. Hopefully she'd respond anytime soon.

Anyway, this is the cake that I want.

Damask cake
Of all the cakes in damask pattern that I have seen on the net, this has the cleanest design. Others have patterns too close to each other that there was no "breathing space" in between. They're not lovely to look at.

The only thing I would require from this design is a bunch of red sugar flowers on top. Sugar flowers. Something like this but in red. Oh! These are fresh ones. Hmm. Instead of a bride-and-groom cake topper, fresh flowers to crown the cake is another way to go.

Fresh flowers as cake toppers
Don't they look gorgeous?

Another option is to have a three-tier cake in white fondant with an elegant maroon ribbon. Something like this minus the flower patterns.

Delicious! Cake Design
Photo from Delicious! Cake Design's site
I will update you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment