Wednesday 21 November 2012

That White Dress of Mine

Every girl dreams of her white dress. The white dress. So whether you buy a ready-made gown from a bridal shop or have a couturier turn that dream into reality, the "feeling" has to be right. You have to be at ease with either the sales assistant or your couturier to be able to communicate what you want in the dress that is to become the highlight (yes, the highlight with you in it) of your bridal march.

I know because, in my case, it felt right with my couturier-cum-master cutter Tina Basa-Reyes. We coordinated smoothly via email, which is considered a blessing for overseas brides like me. More so, I felt right at ease when I met her in person.

I wrote about my initial fitting in April. That's when I met Tina for the first time. It was also the time she assured me that brides don't put on weight before the wedding. I was a bit unconvinced at that time but somehow, I felt relieved. Kind of.

Months went by and we coordinated via email again for the designs and the entourage gowns. There were occasional text messages but it was all good.

Then it's time for my second fitting. When I arrived at her gown salon, I saw the white dress waiting for me by the changing room. Somehow, it looked a bit big. At that time, I was wondering whether Tina got my body measurement right or not. Tried it on and was surprised by what she said. My measurement was right.

I just lost weight... and inches! Yay! She adjusted the gown and secured my new curves (yes!) with pins.

She jokingly said I was giving her a hard time because, since I lost weight, she would be re-adjusting the gown.

Overall, I was happy with the dress and it shows from the picture I took during the fitting. I was smiling from ear to ear! My then hubby-to-be was waiting for me downstairs because he wasn't allowed to see me in the dress before the wedding. I was dying to show him the pictures after the fitting, but I didn't!




I'm a bride!
My Cinderella gown minus the bead work.
Lower right picture shows adjustments on the bodice
because I lost weight. ;)

Top: Admiring myself during my gown-fitting
Bottom: Getting ready to glide in my wedding gown

Top: bridal accessories by Tina Basa-Reyes (except for garter and shoes)
My gown, prepped up for the Big Day


***
Tina Basa-Reyes Gown Salon

168 M Paterno St,
San Juan, Metro Manila
Phone: (632) 722 2277
Mobile: (63917) 844 3323
Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment