Thursday 14 February 2013

My Ideal Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!

It's our first Valentine's Day as husband and wife, and we are not together. Physically, that is. He had to fly back to Manila and will be back, hopefully, early next month. So this is our first non-Valentine's Day together, if there is such a thing.

I'm not really someone who celebrates Valentine's Day. Don't get me wrong. I love receiving red roses, chocolates and love letters. I love all those romantic stuff, along with love songs, romantic movies and all, including dinner dates and getaways. But not just on Valentine's Day. I don't know. I've been this way since before we became a couple.

It's probably because it's so crowded when you go out on Valentine's Day and flower bouquets are crazy expensive!

I'm happily married, I am not bitter. :) I just think that the love day is overrated. All those romantic gestures can be shown even if it's not Valentine's Day and when you're with someone, you have all the time in the world to celebrate your love and show how you appreciate your partner in your own way.

Yes, we greet each other but even if he's in town, I don't think we're going out tonight. My ideal Valentine's Day would be a nice dinner at home, a movie and some quiet time together.

Our wedding bands. Photo taken by Raymond Fortun Photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment